Tuesday, October 14, 2008

11 Second Club - October Work In Progress

Well, after not performing up to my personal standards in the August contest, and then moping for a month, I've picked myself back up and am entering the contest again.

This month's character animation includes lip sync in English, which should make my life easier. I've also decided to use someone else's rig for a multitude of reasons. I want to get used to using assets created by other people, in case I'm ever called upon to work with files and not create everything from scratch. I can definitely imagine situations where my company would want to save time on the production turn around of a piece. The second reason I'm using a pre-made rig is because I'm using Maya, with which I'm less familiar than SoftImage or XSI. Maya's price tag is significantly lower than XSI, and it interfaces well with 3DS Max, so it's worth improving my fluency with the software.

Here's my work in progress for the contest:

3 comments:

Lindsey Rodgers said...

This is seriously looking great, Dan :) The only suggestion I would make at this point would be to give their limbs a little bit more weight. I'm really freaking tired so elaboration would be totally incoherent, but I'm sure you know what I mean haha.

Lauren Andersson said...

hey dan!

this was great!! nice work.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan,

Really Cool Stuff.

-Jack(the trainee)